Re: Can't get Neural Networks working

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Can't get Neural Networks working
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:26:28 -0700

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 11:27:35 -0500, DRLAN wrote:
> error: 'finite' undefined near line 38 column 13
> error: called from
>     tansig at line 38 column 5
>     __calcperf at line 85 column 20
>     __trainlm at line 107 column 18
>     train at line 125 column 11
>
> Could anyone tell me, where goes wrong?

The finite function is an ancient Octave function that was deprecated in
version 4.0 and removed in version 4.4. Since the last release of the
neural net package was in 2010, it may not be compatible with the
current release of Octave.

If you are comfortable with mercurial, you can try working with the
development version of the package

  http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/nnet

Or you can try editing the code and replacing 'finite' with 'isfinite'.

There may be other incompatibilities due to bit rot.

--
mike