Re: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 10x10, op2 is 10x9)

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 10x10, op2 is 10x9)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:13:21 -0700

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 11:10:58 -0500, Beginner1 wrote:
> The dimension problem should be solved by making K_cl equal to ones(16,10).
> But when I do this, and run the code, the console reports again a new
> dimension problem:
> error: rrr: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 9x9, op2 is 9x10)
> error: called from
>     rrr at line 131 column 6

The original error was on the second iteration of your cycle_vector
loop. The new error is on the first iteration of the loop.

> So Octave must be simplifying matrixes since they are plenty of zeros and
> this does not allow to perform the sum of them as they cannot coincide in
> dimension.
>
> Any suggestion to avoid the simplification of matrixes in Octave?

I think your real question should be: why do sys.A and sys.B have 9 rows
in the first iteration of your loop, and 10 rows in the second and
subsequent iterations?

Maybe you can inspect the construction of your system in more detail and
see if there is a problem there.

--
mike