Re: database package - inserting array data into array field

From: ajdunford
Subject: Re: database package - inserting array data into array field
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 23:21:02 -0700 (MST)

I finally got it.

I had tried several times to use structures with the fields "data" (cell
array), and "ndims" for my arrays, as indicated in the SQL data types
documentation.  I did not, however, realize that I also had to specifically
declare the "param_types" (e.g. "float8[]") with setdbopts().

I was falsely under the impression that data types such as double were
automatically converted.  As it turns out, they are automatically converted
when passed as single scalars, but not when passed in arrays.

Hopefully my fumbling might help someone else.