Re: GNU Octave 4.4.0 Released

From: Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 4.4.0 Released
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 18:05:41 +0000

Thanks for the update to 4.4.0.  I have built it from source code, and
now I notice that a number of octave-forge packages no longer build
successfully.  One example is general.  Are there going to be new
releases of these packages that work with Octave 4.4.0 coming out soon?

(I saw on the mercurial repository that there has been some work on
general to make it compatible with Octave 4.4.0.  Maybe it needs to be
released as a package.)

This is the list of packages I couldn't build.  This was on FreeBSD.
Some of them probably haven't been maintained for quite a while, so I
guess they can be dropped.

audio
communications
database