Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error

From: RT
Subject: Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 15:14:25 +0000

Greets

I'm testing the flatpak version of Octave 4.4 which looks great by the way.
My system is Ubuntu 18.04 64bit
I start Octave / Octave's GUI by typing in the terminal with the command:
'flatpak run org.octave.Octave --force-gui'

I get an error even though the package is installed. (But Octave still Launches)
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I then try install the signal package from within the Octave command window with the command:
'pkg install https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz'

I then get an error:
gzip: /tmp/oct-9Q46Sz/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz: not in gzip format
unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: 2
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
error: called from
    unpack at line 257 column 5
    untar at line 47 column 5
    install at line 81 column 9
    pkg at line 437 column 9

​Is there another way to install packages for the flatpak version of Octave 4.4?

Thanks