Re: Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.4.0 installing packages error
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 10:16:12 -0700

On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 15:14:25 +0000, RT wrote:
> I'm testing the flatpak version of Octave 4.4 which looks great by the way.

Great, thanks!

> I start Octave / Octave's GUI by typing in the terminal with the command:
> *'flatpak run org.octave.Octave --force-gui'*

Please use '--gui' now instead of '--force-gui'.

> I get an error even though the package is installed. (But Octave still
> Launches)
> *Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"*

This is normal.

> I then try install the signal package from within the Octave command window
> with the command:
>

> *'pkg install
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz
> <https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=signal-1.3.2.tar.gz>'*

I think what you want is 'pkg install -forge signal', which takes care
of downloading the latest version of the package so you don't have to
know the URL.

But the signal package will not install with Octave 4.4 until 1.4.0 is
posted. Please stay tuned.

--
mike