textscan

From: justinmoreno
Subject: textscan
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:00:07 -0700 (MST)

I am trying to read in data from a text file using textscan. Ideally, I would
have 9 columns of data however the 9th column contains a string of
characters which could at times include whitespace and other unknown
characters. Here is a sample of the data and the code I am using  test.txt
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372589/test.txt>

filename = 'test.txt'

fid = fopen(filename,'r')

data = textscan(fid,'%s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s','HeaderLines',7)

I tried to use a carriage return to exclude the 9th column as a first pass
but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks