Re: Using Octave functions in C environment

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Using Octave functions in C environment
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 09:18:23 +0000

> On 7 Nov 2017, at 19:12, Himaja Kodati <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Thank you for the prompt response.
> I get the following error while trying to run the example embedded.c in the
> 2nd link you provided.
>  error: octave/interpreter.h: No such file or directory
>
> I have found a documentation for octave/interpreter.h at
> http://octave.org/doxygen/4.0/d3/d7e/octave-interpreter_8h_source.html
>
> I'm not sure where to place this file. Kindly let me know how I can proceed.
> I am running octave 4.0.0 on Linux
> My octave binary resides at /usr/local/bin/octave
>
> Regards,
> Himaja

Please keep the mailing list in CC when replying, do not send private email.

You do not need to place that file anywhere it is already part of the Octave
installation.

You can look up here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

how to compile programs that link to Octave libraries and include Octave
headers.

If you need further help you will need to provide more details about how you
are trying to compile your code.

c.