Re: exporting figures with embedded fonts ?

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: exporting figures with embedded fonts ?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:22:54 -0700 (MST)

CdeMills wrote
> Hello,
>
> I have a question from a Ph.D student writing his thesis. A number of
> figures are produced with Octave, and the final target is to produce a
> pdf/A1-a document (pdf long term archive) using xelatex.
>
> To this end:
> 1) figures should not have transparency
> 2) figure fonts should be embedded
>
> Is there some way to generate directly export such figures from inside
> Octave to eps/pdf files ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

I guess it depends what graphics toolkit the student is using?

Opengl based toolkits (fltk, qt) can produce two kinds of ouputs:
*  pdf/eps straight out of Octave: those have fonts embedded by default by
Ghostscript,
* latex + pdf/eps files to be post-processed by a latex engine. In this case
you'll have to instruct xelatex to do the font embedding itself.

I know nothing about the gnuplot toolkit so I'll let someone else answer.

Pantxo