Re: sending messages to an already-running instance of octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: sending messages to an already-running instance of octave
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 20:28:46 +0200

Am 18.06.2017 um 19:26 schrieb Pantxo:
> Octave can be made to execute a function periodically: see
> "add_input_event_hook". With this function you can probably fake a server
> client communication from a single instance of Octave.

The add_input_event_hook is executed if readline waits for input (I'm
sure you (Pantxo) already know that but I want to add this for Dan)

The other software product has a "Timer Object"
(https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_prog/use-a-matlab-timer-object.html)

I regularly wish Octave also would have a timer hook when using the
instrument-control package or sockets in Octave but haven't had time yet
to start implementing it.

-- Andy