Re: Regarding the status of string array

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Regarding the status of string array
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 08:10:27 +0100

Le 02/01/2017 à 05:46, NVS Abhilash a écrit :
Hey all,

I was doing some testing for my project, I wanted to input a string array.
The way it is done in matlab is

A = {'Mercury','Gemini','Apollo';...
      'Skylab','Skylab B','ISS'}

str = string(A)

But it is not possible to do the same in Octave. I really wanna know is the
behaviour intentional. I looked at a conversation about the same in the
mailing list, but there string array was confused with cell array.

More detail about the string array can be found here[1].

[1] https://in.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/string.html

Hi,

The string type was introduced very recently in Matlab (R2016b) and is not supported yet in Octave.

@++
Julien