Regarding the status of string array

From: NVS Abhilash
Subject: Regarding the status of string array
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 20:46:47 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I was doing some testing for my project, I wanted to input a string array.
The way it is done in matlab is

A = {'Mercury','Gemini','Apollo';...
     'Skylab','Skylab B','ISS'}

str = string(A)

But it is not possible to do the same in Octave. I really wanna know is the
behaviour intentional. I looked at a conversation about the same in the
mailing list, but there string array was confused with cell array.

More detail about the string array can be found here[1].

[1] https://in.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/string.html

Thanks,
NVS

-----