Running octave-code from Java

From: Hanna Svensson
Subject: Running octave-code from Java
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:37:18 +0200

Hi Community!

I have developed a signal processing algoritm in Octave. And a GUI in Java. I would like to call the octave algoritm from Java (instead of converting it to Java, the original plan).

I have understood that I can use for example javaOctave for this. But I still need Octave installed on the computer. Is there any way I can to it without have to install Octave on the client computer?

If I for example can compile the octave code to some standalone program to be called from Java. My problem is that the program should be runned on a computer in the hospital and all regulations on installing programs there is a real hassle.

Hope someone knows :)
Hanna