Re: A way to make octave ignore certain lines? Specifically coder.*

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: A way to make octave ignore certain lines? Specifically coder.*
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 15:46:22 -0400

On 06/17/2016 09:11 AM, Robb wrote:
Some of my matlab code occasionally get compiled using Matlab Coder. When I run the code in standard matlab the coder specific lines are glossed over by matlab.

Specifically
coder.cstructname(*);

Unfortunately when I try to do the same in octave, octave chokes on these lines.

Is there a way I can get octave to ignore those lines?
Is that the actual code line? The exact form above doesn't seem to be a valid Matlab syntax.

If it was a valid syntax, you could  define a matching octave function

    coder.cstructname=@()[]

so that it can be safely called as in coder.cstructname("O")

You could also the lines to have them conditionally compiled

    if !exist("OCTAVE_VERSION") ; coder.cstructname("O") ; end

although if you could modify the code before the execution, the simplest thing would be to just delete the lines.

If this is not sufficient, you need to tell us more about how those things appear and behave in your situation.