Re: Printing and Exporting scatter3

From: Stephen H. Dawson
Subject: Re: Printing and Exporting scatter3
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:46:58 -0400

Thanks, Mike.

I tried printing from command window. I realized I needed to install
epstk. I have now installed and loaded epstk even though it is not
showing in pkg list

'>> pkg list
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
     general *|   1.3.4 | /usr/share/octave/packages/general-1.3.4
    geometry *|   1.7.0 | /usr/share/octave/packages/geometry-1.7.0
          io *|   2.0.2 | /usr/share/octave/packages/io-2.0.2
'>>

The GUI, though experimental, exports and prints the gray bars at the
top and bottom...the menu and status bars. I realize I am not on the
latest release so this may have been resolved.

These syntax examples do generate output.

print -djpg figure_name.jpg

print -solid figure_name.pdf

saveas (1, "figure_name.png");

saveas (1, "figure_name.jgp");

saveas (1, "figure_name.eps");

However, there are no grid lines on the Z axis contrary to the file
example you shared.

Also, the title is not wrapping when printing or exporting but does when
rendered on screen.

title ({'TOP TITLE', 'Bottom Title'},"fontweight", "bold");

Thank You,
Stephen H. Dawson
(865) 804-3454
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shdcs