Re: Homebrew Octave 4.0.2

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Homebrew Octave 4.0.2
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:55:36 +0200

Dear Vic,

I am aware of plotting problems and I am currently trying to debug it.
Does the problem already occurs while plotting or when printing?

Possible solutions:

(a) try the following (it makes sure that gnuplot is used)

octave-cli --no-window-system
> graphics_toolkit gnuplot;
> setenv GNUTERM qt;
> x = 0:0.1:4; plot(x, sin(x));

(b) if you are more adventurous and you like compiling

# get the very latest gnuplot (5.1)
brew uninstall gnuplot
brew install gnuplot --with-qt --with-cairo --HEAD

# get fig2dev
brew install schoeps/xfig/transfig

# reinstall octave
brew uninstall octave
brew install octave --build-from-source

Please tell me if (a) or (b) are working for you.

Bye
Sebastian