Error while Compiling octave 4.0 on ubuntu 14.04

From: Jasleen Kaur
Subject: Error while Compiling octave 4.0 on ubuntu 14.04
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:24:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am referring to this link for installation
http://askubuntu.com/questions/645600/how-to-install-octave-4-0-0-in-ubuntu-14-04/645718#645718
I am getting configuration error :
http://s27.postimg.org/ok4heaxv7/config_error.png
I configure it using this command $ sudo ./configure  --enable-jit
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/include/
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath-link=/usr/local/lib"
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
and also appended these lines in .bashrc file:
export CPATH=/usr/local/include
export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export PATH=/usr/local/octave-4.0.0/bin:${PATH}
export MANPATH=/usr/local/octave-4.0.0/share/man:${MANPATH}
export INFOPATH=/usr/local/octave-4.0.0/share/info:${INFOPATH}

Now my configuration seems incomplete somewhere and I am unable to install
anything anymore.
Every time I try to install anything.
I got message on console ending with this lines:
..
error: couldn't read directory /usr/local/share/octave/packages: No such
file or directory
error: called from
    rebuild at line 29 column 7
    pkg at line 505 column 25
dpkg: error processing package octave (--configure):
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup
error from a previous failure.

No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup
error from a previous failure.
                                                                  dpkg:
dependency problems prevent configuration of liboctave-dev:
 liboctave-dev depends on octave (= 4.0.0-3ubuntu2~octave~trusty3); however:
  Package octave is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package liboctave-dev (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of octave-pkg-dev:
 octave-pkg-dev depends on liboctave-dev (>= 4.0.0~rc3); however:
  Package liboctave-dev is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package octave-pkg-dev (--configure):
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.7) ...
 octave
 liboctave-dev
 octave-pkg-dev

Please help me in installation