Re: Octave 4.0.0

From: Joseph C Slater, PhD, PE
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:28:18 -0500

On Mar 3, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Doey, Stephen <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve a query regarding the latest version of the Octave application 4.0.0.

Has this version been Windows 10 tested and certified?

Seems to work on the surface, but I'm only running it on Windows to test my educational package. I have it installed under Cygwin and the only issue I noticed (pretty close to the only thing I really needed at the time) was that the urlwrite command failed due to libcurl failing on me. I get the error:

message = Couldn't resolve host name

The solution that worked was to use curl via the system command with the --ipv4 argument.

This might be too specific for you, but if this is consistent, then installing packaged from octave forge may be impacted.

Now, this may not be a problem on a "True" windows machine. I'm running a virtualized Windows 10 machine in VMWare Fusion... so maybe there is no issue on a regular Windows machine. However, I have none available to me for testing. My budget for the software is equal to or exceeded by Octave's ;).

Joe