Re: Octave 4.0.0

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:34:00 -0800 (PST)

Doey, Stephen wrote
> Hi,
>
> I've a query regarding the latest version of the Octave application 4.0.0.
>
> Has this version been Windows 10 tested and certified?

Thank you for your interest in Octave.

A short answer is: No. Sorry for that.

A longer answer:

Tested and especially certified by whom?
Octave is an open source project with limited resources; we do care about
Octave running properly on various platforms and platform versions, but we
have no means for "certifying" it.
I'm afraid you'd have to pick that up yourself.

FWIW, there is a bug report about Octave in Windows 10 from some months ago
about some basic functionality. I haven't had time to look into it. I have
Win10 installed in the mean time just to test Octave and other SW, but
that's as far as I got.

Philip