Re: Using fsolve to solve example problem from documentation gives very

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Using fsolve to solve example problem from documentation gives very different result
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:06:33 -0400

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Steven Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
Okay, I had seen the 1 and ignored it.  I added a line with a one in it to the top of the f.m file.  Everything works now.  I feel really stupid, but could you give me a quick explanation of why why it is necessary?   I don't remember using such a thing in Matlab.

Anyway, that answers that problem.  Thanks Doug, you're brilliant.

Steven

Ok  without the one or something at the top of that file the interpreter thinks it is working with a function file because the first thing it found was the word   'function".
With the one there then this becomes a script file that happens to have a function in it.

Big difference.

--
DASCertificate for 206392