Re: symbolic fsolve

From: tmacchant
Subject: Re: symbolic fsolve
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:04:35 -0700 (PDT)

 >Unfortunately the second link you gave me does not work. In the other side,
exactly I intended to use fsolve because the function "solve" does not work
properly in symbolic environment . I want to solve a complex equation, that
it is not possible at all by "solve"! Do you any idea?

I wrote the previous post without enough explanation.

The second link is just output of
>> help solve

As message tells that "solve" for symbolic package have not been implemented
yet.
>From the message, I guess that you cannot "solve" equation in symbolic
algebra
with octave+symbolic package at the moment.

If you want solve equation in analytical way, try Maxima.
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/

Of course, Maxima is completely  different program from octave
so that output equation should be translate to octave language by hand.

Tatsuro