Re: Fwd: 24.5; M-x octave-mode fails with: Cannot open load file: no suc

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Fwd: 24.5; M-x octave-mode fails with: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, octave-mod
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:35:51 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:16:39 -0700, Alex Ryan wrote:
> It appears that the instructions for using octave with emacs on this page
> are outdated.
> https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Using-Octave-Mode.html#Using-Octave-Mode
[…]
> Could someone please edit this page to indicate that you should NOT add this
> line of code unless you have an ancient version of emacs (i.e. pre-21).

Hi Alex, I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to your
problem and that you let us know about the outdated instructions.

The best way to get this fixed is to open a bug report [1] so the
manual can be patched. The manual is part of the Octave source code
repository and is compiled along with the rest of Octave. Even better
would be if you are willing to submit a patch against the sources for
the manual along with your bug report. The appropriate file to edit is
doc/interpreter/emacs.txi in the Octave source tree.

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

--
mike