Re: bvp4c not implemented in Octave 4.0?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: bvp4c not implemented in Octave 4.0?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:09:19 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:05 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto <address@hidden> wrote:
Otherwise, why am I getting this message?

warning: the 'bvp4c' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Octave 4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04-64.

just as it says:

>> bvp4c
warning: the 'bvp4c' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.

error: 'bvp4c' undefined near line 1 column 1

I stand corrected. it seems it's in the ODE package.

>> pkg load odepkg
>> help bvp4c

'bvp4c' is a function from the file C:\Octave\octave-4.0.0\share\octave\packages\odepkg-0.8.5\bvp4c.m

 -- Function File: A = bvp4c (ODEFUN, BCFUN, SOLINIT)
     Solves the first order system of non-linear differential equations
     defined by ODEFUN with the boundary conditions defined in BCFUN.

     The structure SOLINIT defines the grid on which to compute the
     solution (SOLINIT.X), and an initial guess for the solution
     (SOLINIT.Y).  The output SOL is also a structure with the
     following fields:
        * SOL.X list of points where the solution is evaluated

        * SOL.Y solution evaluated at the points SOL.X

        * SOL.YP derivative of the solution evaluated at the points
          SOL.X

        * SOL.SOLVER = "bvp4c" for compatibility

     See also: odpkg.

not sure why it gives the missing function warning without the package loaded. some flag not get set so it would give the 'belongs to a package not loaded' message?