Re: bvp4c not implemented in Octave 4.0?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: bvp4c not implemented in Octave 4.0?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:36:43 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto
> To: help
> Date: 2015/7/16, Thu 13:39
> Subject: Re: bvp4c not implemented in Octave 4.0?
>
> I finally found out what the error was. The error was I. I screwed my
> own Octave setup. Package installation with "pkg -forge install [...]"
> created folders under ~/octave/ and I thought it would be safe to delete
> those folders after packages were installed, as those folders would be
> locations where those packages would sit temporarily. And as it turns
> out they aren't meant to be temporary folders and shouldn't be removed,
> ever. I had to install everything over again.
>
> Yet bvp4c is not behaving well. "Demonstration 2" example in the link
> you indicated runs for a long time and produces nothing. CTRL-C shows
> it was cranking away silently behind the scenes though, without
> reaching convergence.

This is just information.

I have run the bvp4c demo on windows 7 (64 bit) using 32 bit octave 4.0.0 with
odepkg-0.8.5.
(Intel Corei5 2400, 3.1 GHz, with 4Gbyte memory. (not slow but not fast.))

>> demo bvp4c

Each demo took several minutes but finally got solutions.

As Calro wrote, if you need efficiency, it is necessary to polish the code.

Tatsuro