Re: Octave for windows on USB stick?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave for windows on USB stick?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:01:17 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Alasdair McAndrew
>To: help
>Date: 2015/3/27, Fri 15:17
>Subject: Octave for windows on USB stick?
>

>Hello,
>
>I was wondering about the possibility of installing an octave executable on a
>USB stick so that I could use it on any computer (running Windows!).  It would
>seem to be possible, if maybe a little involved: using cygwin or some other
>library.
>

>Can I download a stand-alone windows binary (that includes all the needed
>libraries) and copy the octave.exe file to my USB drive - or is it more
>complicated?
>

>Many thanks,
>
>Alasdair

Octave itself is relocatable. Therefore just copy all installed files with
keeping folder structure to the USB memory.  However, octave-forge packages
uses absolute path so that that they are not used as they are.

>> pkg rebuild all

is required from octave prompt to re-usable octave-forge packages each time you
insert the USB to PC.

Regards

Tatsuro