Octave for windows on USB stick?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Octave for windows on USB stick?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:17:08 +1100

Hello,

I was wondering about the possibility of installing an octave executable on a USB stick so that I could use it on any computer (running Windows!).  It would seem to be possible, if maybe a little involved: using cygwin or some other library.

Can I download a stand-alone windows binary (that includes all the needed libraries) and copy the octave.exe file to my USB drive - or is it more complicated?

Many thanks,
Alasdair
--
http://www.facebook.com/alasdair.mcandrew https://plus.google.com/+AlasdairMcAndrew/posts https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alasdair-mcandrew/a/178/108 https://twitter.com/amca01 http://numbersandshapes.net