Re: Virtual Memory too low, windows 8.1

From: BrianTerbush
Subject: Re: Virtual Memory too low, windows 8.1
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:40:58 -0800 (PST)

Thank you so much for the quick and informative reply!  I would have
responded sooner, but didn't know there was a reply yet, so, apologies.

There seem to be other issues with my machine, because even after installing
java (and uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times), now that I've tried
to download the mxe build, it will not install properly, and warns that I do
not have a version of JDE on my computer, and that some parts of the
installation will not work.

I did dowwnload the 64-bit version of 3.8.2, also, but only "portable" was
available from that site, so I'm not exactly sure how to make that work from
my computer.  Downloading the installer, and attempting to set up 3.8.2 is
what I was doing when I found the java error today.

I've been using this page for reference:
http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer, but haven't really found what I'm
looking for yet.  Any tips, or anyone else experiencing the Java not
existing problem?
(JRE not being recognized on 3.6.4, while trying to follow the advice in the
link Phil shared was what led me to the question about java issues).

Thank you,
Brian