Re: Octave packages installation

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave packages installation
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 17:18:00 +0100

On 9 Jan 2015, at 15:07, Aurel Nicolae <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Oh that is a bit worrying. So what package do you recommend instead of
> Symbolic. I’ve seen some posts recommending Maxima, but i struggle installing
> that as well…
>
> Yes the signal install does say what the dependencies are but, when i try
> install those, i get the following:

Aurel I see from the paths in your error messages that you are probably using
the binary installer for OSX that I posted on Octave Forge.
What version of OSX and what version of XCode are you using?
I can maybe help if you have OSX 10.9.x and XCode < 6.x otherwise you are
probably better off upgrading your Octave installation
before you install these packages.

c.