Re: Octave packages installation

From: Aurel Nicolae
Subject: Re: Octave packages installation
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 07:59:59 +0200

Hi c,

How do i upgrade i think that i might have the latest version of Octave. I think so… i’m not sure.
These are my details:
Octave 3.8.0
Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.1
Xcode 6.1

Which is the latest version of Octave please?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Aurel “Howie" Nicolae
mobile: 083 440 7326
email: address@hidden
website: http://www.linkedin.com/in/aurelnicolae

On 09 Jan 2015, at 6:18 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 9 Jan 2015, at 15:07, Aurel Nicolae <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Oh that is a bit worrying. So what package do you recommend instead of Symbolic. I’ve seen some posts recommending Maxima, but i struggle installing that as well…

Yes the signal install does say what the dependencies are but, when i try install those, i get the following:

Aurel I see from the paths in your error messages that you are probably using the binary installer for OSX that I posted on Octave Forge.
What version of OSX and what version of XCode are you using?
I can maybe help if you have OSX 10.9.x and XCode < 6.x otherwise you are probably better off upgrading your Octave installation
before you install these packages.

c.