Re: Behavior of octave and ans

From: François Poulain
Subject: Re: Behavior of octave and ans
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:33:58 +0200

Hi,

Le Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:55:22 +0200,
"c." <address@hidden> a écrit :

> With no further details Mike's advice is the best that can be said.

Ok.

> If you need further help you need to be more specific about what are
> the expressions you need to eval in Octave.

Actually, there is no specific expression to be evaluated. The purpose
is about how to make a read-eval loop in order to evaluate Octave
expression from TeXmacs, in order to display it as well as possible
(actually, the added value of Texmacs is its typeset features).
I join an example of what we get to this email.

Someone wrote a loop in Octave, which makes use of the "eval" function,
and get the result from "ans". This answer is then processed via
Octave, in order to be converted to a exchange data format, and
sent as text to TeXmacs.

My current problem is that this strategy doesn't work when "ans" is not
set. So my question is: is there a way to get reliably octave's objects
which are sent to display?

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>