Behavior of octave and ans

From: François Poulain
Subject: Behavior of octave and ans
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 11:59:48 +0200

Hi,

[Note for answers, I am not subscriber of the present list.]

I am a TeXmacs developer, working on this bug:

In our Octave plugin, we make an read-eval loop in the octave session,
for translating some datatype into TeXmacs types. For this we use the
"eval" function and looks for the result in "ans".

I suppose that this worked well before octave-2.9 (I didn't tested it).

However, it seems that currently, the 'ans' variable is not set when
e.g. affectation are done. Then, If I write
> a=1
or
'ans' is not set, despite the fact that the given instruction produce an
answer (which is reassignable, e.g. via "b=a=1").

So, is there a way to get somewhere the values returned by those
instructions, without parsing octave's output ?

Best regards.
François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>