Re: DAE solver with additional parameters

From: c.
Subject: Re: DAE solver with additional parameters
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:12:54 +0200

On 2 Jul 2014, at 17:41, Yu Liu <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not sure if this help, but how about using ode package that is similar
> to Matlab's solver.
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/odepkg/function/ode45.html

that solver is not able to deal with DAEs, only ODEs.
the matlab compatible solver for DAEs is ode15s, a wrapper for daspk to
implement
an interface  ode15s

> You can pass additional parameters directly in the ode45 function call.
that behaviour has been deprecated in matlab so I think we should deprecate it
in Octave as well.

> Additionally, differential algebraic equations could be solved by the same
> function by using 'Mass' option, if your problem can be written in a
> compatible format.

no, a singular mass matrix will not work with ode45.

c.