Re: installation errors of octave-forge parallel on windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: installation errors of octave-forge parallel on windows
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 06:30:18 +0900 (JST)

--- On Sun, 2014/4/27, Hanan Rosemarin wrote:
> it seems that the toolboxes supplied in the "src" directory of the windows
> build are somehow different as it provides the "optim" toolbox without
> providing the "struct" and "parallel" toolboxes which are required as
> dependencies when installing online "pkg install -forge optim"

Perhaps so.
The version of current optim package is 1.3.0.

The optim-1.2.2 (which are bundled in src directory) seems to be the previous
optim package.
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/)

http://octave.sourceforge.net/optim/index.html says:
#**********************************************
Package Version:        1.3.0
Last Release Date:      2014-01-07
Package Author: various authors
Package Maintainer:     Octave-Forge community
License:        GFDL, GPLv3+, modified BSD, public domain
         Download Package
(older versions)
         Function Reference
Description

Non-linear optimization toolkit.
Details

Dependencies:   Octave (>= 3.4.0) miscellaneous (>= 1.0.10) struct (>= 1.0.10)
parallel (>= 2.0.5)
Autoload:       No
Package: optim

The requirements of struct and parallel packages perhaps begin at optim-1.3.0.
At the moment, we inevitably use optim-1.2.2 if we want use optim package on
windows.

Regards

Tatsuro