Re: Classic Aquaterm error on Mac

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Classic Aquaterm error on Mac
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:30:57 -0400

On Apr 23, 2014, at 9:32 AM, supertoto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem when I try to plot a graph, I get:
>
> *octave:4> plot (1)
>
> gnuplot> set terminal aqua enhanced title "Figure 1"  font "*,6" dashlength
> 1
>                      ^
>         line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set
> terminal' for a list*
>
> I can plot figure with gnuplot but not with octave. I am using Mac Maeverick
> and I try a lot s stuff on google to solve this problem...I seems REALLY
> complicated to plot two small figures.
>
> Hope someone can help me.
> Thank you.

The gnplot which Octave has found was not compiled to use Aquaterm.

Does the gnuplot you were able to plot with use Aquaterm?

If it does, what does entering 'system ("which gnuplot")' at Octave's prompt
return?

If it does not, then you'll need to set the GNUTERM environment variable to the
terminal you'd like to us.

Ben