Re: Installing packages in Octave 3.8?

From: Arnaud Miege
Subject: Re: Installing packages in Octave 3.8?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:49:50 +0000

On 28 January 2014 17:23, Markus Bergholz <address@hidden> wrote:

OK, so where can I find a pre-compiled package set for Octave 3.8 on Windows?

As Philip said, the src directoriy.
Refering to the portable Version, it's octave-3.8.0/src/

I checked in C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\src (Octave being installed in C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0 with octave-3.8.0-4-installer.exe) and all the packages are there as tar.gz files, i.e. uncompiled as far as I can tell. I have run build_packages.m which goes through each package in turn and runs pkg install <package_name>. A lot of warnings came up during compilation, but it seems to have more or less worked. Let me know if that's not the correct/recommended way.

Thanks,

Arnaud