Re: Planet Octave display problems

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Planet Octave display problems
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 19:59:25 -0600

On Jan 12, 2014, at 7:42 PM, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:24:31 +1100

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 00:36:03 +1100, Jose <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 12/01/14 00:21, Terry Duell wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> Looking at Planet Octave and the "Polling for OctConf 2014" post,
>> it renders here as mostly gibberish in both Firefox and Opera.
>> I have seen similar in previous posts (the one on 'Rattle' comes to
>> mind), and not having seen anyone else raise this makes me wonder
>> if it is some local problem.
>> Anyone else seeing the OctConf post rendered as mostly
>> incomprehensible text?
>
> Yes, I do as well, with Firefox and Chromium.

OK, so it's not just a problem I see.

Anyone have any idea why the page is being rendered incorrectly?

Did you ever view source?

No, it wouldn't mean much to me.

It looks to me like a CSS element is being rendered as text, and not
used as a stylesheet.

But maybe I am missing something.  :-)

OK, but if that is so, why is it not working on three browsers, Firefox, Opera, Chromium?
What browsers does it render correctly on? Will that help understand what is wrong?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

It doesn’t work on Safari either. The CSS code block is missing any html tags.

I further noticed the following error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--2ygQg-eGxg/UeM4YGkyJZI/AAAAAAAAGAQ/14E8UBeBDmU/s400/octave-core_itsol-interface.jpg

--
Marius Schamschula