Problems with print command

From: big-ted
Subject: Problems with print command
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:18:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi all. I'm new to Octave, having used MatLab previously. Please be gentle!

I have a routine that generates two plots in seperate figure windows. I wish
to save both of these plots to disk using the print command. I do so via
something like:

print(gcf,'-dpdf','-color','fig1a.pdf')

For one figure (the second generated, as it turns out), this works fine.
However, for the other (for which I change the 'gcf' argument to 1 in the
above command) the figure window turns black, and Octave hangs. A file is
generated, but it is empty. I can disable the generation of the second
figure and use gcf instead with the same result.

The figure causing difficulties does contain 5 differently coloured plots.
Is this likely to be causing the problem? I've also tried printing to
different formats (png, jpeg etc) and printing in monochrome but to no
avail.

64 bit Windows 7 running Octave 3.6.4 if it helps.

Thanks in advance!