binary operator '*' not implemented for 'scalar struct' by 'scalar struc

From: gennari . federico
Subject: binary operator '*' not implemented for 'scalar struct' by 'scalar struct' operations
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:33:05 +0200

Hello there,

I'm quite a beginner with Octave, since the place I'm started working in is using Matlab extensively and I'm making practice on my own with Octave.

While trying to make a particular function work on my Windows 7 Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2, I get this error:

binary operator '*' not implemented for 'scalar struct' by 'scalar struct' operations

error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1

I checked the code and the operation run that gave the problem in Octave (but it's working with Matlab) is:

global racTask;
global rakAl

racTask.EolNc            = rakAl.EolNc;
racTask.EolNnc           = rakAl.EolNnc;
racTask.CohAccLsbShift   = fix(log2(racTask.EolNc*racTask.EolNnc));   <===== THIS

I'm got this function as well the whole libraries, as well the other .m files calling each others, from third party so I can't tell you exactly what's the exact use, I'm just doing reverse engineering... I think that can be something about mtrix dimensioning, like array declaration interpreted as N x 1 instead of 1 x N, or something similar...

So, I'm not sure if I've put all the relevant informations, but if there's something I can specify better, feel free to ask.

Any help would be quite appreciated.

Kind regards,

Federico

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/