Plotting line on top of pcolor

From: Johan
Subject: Plotting line on top of pcolor
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 04:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone

I am running octave 3.6.4 and seem to have a problem that appeared in this
thread on another version before

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/moving-graphic-objecs-td2997314.html

but wasn't solved. I am trying to plot a line on top of a pcolor plot, here
a simple test script that should achieve that:

%Pcolor
dat = rand(100,100);
x = linspace(0,10,100);
y = linspace(0,2*pi,100);
pc = pcolor(x,y,dat);shading('flat');
hold on;
%Thick line to make sure it's visible
l1 = plot([3 5],[2 2],'k','linewidth',10)
set(gca,'children',flipud(get(gca,'children'));

I have tested the method of flipping the order in children with 2 line
objects and it works fine, however with my pcolor it does not affect the
plot at all. No matter in which order I plot the pcolor is always on top.
Any information on whether someone is working on this or if there is a
workaround would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Johan