Re: Plotting line on top of pcolor

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Plotting line on top of pcolor
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:28:29 -0400

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 04:04:33 -0700, Johan wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I am running octave 3.6.4 and seem to have a problem that appeared in this
> thread on another version before
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/moving-graphic-objecs-td2997314.html
>
> but wasn't solved. I am trying to plot a line on top of a pcolor plot, here
> a simple test script that should achieve that:
>
> %Pcolor
> dat = rand(100,100);
> x = linspace(0,10,100);
> y = linspace(0,2*pi,100);
> pc = pcolor(x,y,dat);shading('flat');
> hold on;
> %Thick line to make sure it's visible
> l1 = plot([3 5],[2 2],'k','linewidth',10)
> set(gca,'children',flipud(get(gca,'children'));
>
> I have tested the method of flipping the order in children with 2 line
> objects and it works fine, however with my pcolor it does not affect the
> plot at all. No matter in which order I plot the pcolor is always on top.
> Any information on whether someone is working on this or if there is a
> workaround would be much appreciated.

The only suggestion I have is to use the FLTK toolkit instead of gnuplot
if you can, it should display how you want.

Also this was recently reported to the bug tracker, if you can help
debug or fix this for gnuplot, please follow up to that bug report:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39642

HTH,

--
mike