Edge function error

From: daydreamer1987
Subject: Edge function error
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This is my first time posting in this forum. I'm very new to Octave and have
been having small arguments and then wins all day but this has got me
stumped at the moment.

I've got a rgb photo which I've converted to grayscale. Its a fairly complex
image but it is basically made up of a rectangle with 3 rows of ~10 circles
evenly spaced along it, on a background.

My aim is to detect the edge of the rectangle so I can crop the photo to
that edge - haven't yet planned how I'm going to do that bit but anyway.....

So my basic code is:
[img, map, alpha] = imread("white_dots.jpg");
[x, map] = rgb2ind(img);
y = ind2gray(x, map);
y = uint8((255*y) / max(max(y)));
imwrite(y, "grayscale_white_dots.jpg". "jpg", "Quality", 75);
edgeim = edge(y, 'canny' [0.1 0.2], 1);
figure(1), imshow(edgeim);

but after the edgeim command I get this error:
error: 'edge' undefined near line 26 column 10

I've looked through the edge.m file to try and understand what's going
wrong.

I'd really appreciate some help on this please.
Thanks