Re: dct in Octave

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: dct in Octave
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:11:35 +1000

Hello Jeffrey,

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:59:03 +1000, Jeffrey <address@hidden> wrote:

According to this web page,
http://octave.sourceforge.net/signal/function/dct.html, there is a *dct*
function in Octave. But when I try to use it, I get the message "error:
'dct' undefined". Do I need to do something special to use it? (And if so,
how?)

That link says that 'dct' is in the 'signal' package.
Do you have 'signal' installed and loaded?
You can check with 'pgk list', which will show the installed packages. Those with an * are loaded. If 'signal' isn't installed, you can install using 'pkg -forge signal', and see if that helps. If you still have problems, use 'pkg list' again to check if it has been installed.
See 'help pkg' for more helpful stuff.

Cheers,
--
Regards,