Re: plotting problem on Mac OSX

From: Chris Daamen
Subject: Re: plotting problem on Mac OSX
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 22:13:40 +0200

Op 27 jul. 2013, om 21:24 heeft Ben Abbott het volgende geschreven:

> On Jul 27, 2013, at 3:06 PM, Chris Daamen wrote:

>>> Carnë,
>>>
>>> Can we update the Mac OSX bundle on sourceforge?
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> Would it be safe to assume Carnë is the only one that knows about updating
>> the Sourceforge OSX package, and that he cannot be reached?
>
> He's rather busy at the moment, and there are some development activities
> going on that may make it sensible to delay an update (i.e. some work to
> create a bundle for a current release).  Another possibility is that he
> overlooked the email.
>
> I suggest we wait for Carnë to respond.
>
> In the meantime, can you place the bundle in a place I / Carnë or others may
> download and test it?
>
> Ben

Thanks for the superquick answers!

That there is possibly a new bundle in the works is amazingly good news! That
makes me very happy, if there is anything I can do to help, I'd gladly do that.
That would probably mean testing I guess, that is ok. Also if I need to test it
with a ridiculously long list of things to check, I am happy to help.

I will upload the current corrected bundle somewhere, I'll get back to this
soon. I am not sure if extensive testing is necessary, since I am only doing
the adjustments mentioned here
http://wiki.octave.org/Installing_Mac_OS_X_Bundle on the current bundle, which
is 3.4.0. These simple corrections are something all OSX users must do now
after downloading the bundle, it is just to make installing the current bundle
a bit easier. So that it will work right away.
So really it is nothing revolutionary, just followed the wiki.

Once I have it uploaded I will let you know, thanks
Chris