Re: unable to find mkoctfile in expected location

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: unable to find mkoctfile in expected location
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 08:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

ionone wrote

*
*

> but the file is there in the good directory.
>
> why is that? is it a bug ?
>

> PS: maybe it's possible to get the mex file directly ?

My crystal ball did melt because of the heat. I'm sorry to ask some
questions first:
- did you install octave from a package ? Is yes, did you install the
'devel' version, i.e. including all the required dependencies to build
binary (.oct, .mex) files ? If no, did you compile and install Octave
yourself ? Did everything build correctly ? Did everything be installed at
the right place ?
- did you try in a terminal to type
"C:\Software\Octave-3.6.4\bin\mkoctfile-3.6.4 -v " ? Did it work ? If yes,
is 'C:\Software\Octave-3.6.4\bin' in your path ? Is 'mkoctfile' executable ?
Is it not blocked by some anti-virus ?

- sending some mex directly is not a good idea, because mex are linked to
other libs. If whatever is non-standard on your machine, the mex will fail
with obscure and cryptic error messages because the dynamic linker will fail
to establish proper links with the libs required by the mex.

Regards

Pascal