Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install,

From: Phil
Subject: Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install, windows
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:38:52 -0700 (PDT)

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote
> Bug in ghostscript 9.07. Downgrade to 9.06.

I have the same issue that is described in this thread. Changing to
ghostscript 9.06 does not help and the error is identical using 9.07 or
9.06.

Following some of the other debugging advice in this thread, here's some
text from the eps file that is generated when the error occurs. I noticed
that the line "cleartomark...." seems to be inserted randomly into the line.

However, the suggestion to try graphics_toolkit gnuplot did work for me.
(And gnuplot works with both 9.06 and 9.07).