Re: Octave problems( bug)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave problems( bug)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:15:43 -0400

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Rodrigo Rodriguess <address@hidden> wrote:
Good Night!

My name is Rodrigo, I'm a student of Graduate Studies at the Federal University of São Carlos (São Carlos - Brazil). I need help regarding octave 3.6.4 and 3.6.2. After the installation of either version on my notebook, message appears reporting bug issues. Attached is a file with the word message which appears in the octave. Already uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing worked, so how can I make octave fucione in my notebook.

The message explains how to report a bug, should you encounter one. It doesn't say there *is* a bug.

Note: Laptop has windows version 8.

Believe it or not, but octave has actually started, if you start typing command, you'd see it's working. However, because you're under Win8, you're being hit by a known bug, which makes octave fail to handle prompt/input properly. To work around that issue, you need to call octave with the following command-line flags: -i --line-editing. Under WinXP, I would right-click on the octave icon on my desktop, select properties, and adapt the command executed. Under Win8, I've no idea how to do that, but I assume there's still a way.

Michael.