Problem with the visualitation of a surface

From: sv
Subject: Problem with the visualitation of a surface
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 03:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
from Matlab Central I've downloaded
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/14915-split-step-fourier-method/content/split_step_fourier_method.m
If I run it with matlab there are no problem with the visualization of a
surface and with the rotate3D button activated the rotation is responsive.
If I use octave to run the same m-file then the time it needs to make the
visualization of the same surface ( figure 2) is very long ( about 110 sec
)and the rotate3D is
almost impossibile to obtain and for the latter htop shows that
gnuplot is at 100% of cpu usage for a long time ( about 90 sec )before I can
see a
rotation.
Why this so different behaviour?

Thanks