instrument control vxi11 in cygwin

From: Ronald van der Meer
Subject: instrument control vxi11 in cygwin
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:24:25 +0200

When I try to connect to an vxi11 instrument in cygwin I get the following response:

instr = vxi11('192.168.0.100');
error: usbtmc: Your system doesn't support the USBTMC interface

Did anyone else encounter this? In linux this works great by the way!

This is with instrument-control-0.2.0. Although I don't see a direct relationship, these were the messages when I installed the instrument-control package:

configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
usbtmc_class.cc:120:1: error: expected declaration before ‘}’ token
make[1]: [usbtmc_class.o] Error 1 (ignored)
g++: usbtmc_class.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: [usbtmc.oct] Error 1 (ignored)
g++: usbtmc_class.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: [usbtmc_close.oct] Error 1 (ignored)
g++: usbtmc_class.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: [usbtmc_write.oct] Error 1 (ignored)
g++: usbtmc_class.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: [usbtmc_read.oct] Error 1 (ignored)
For information about changes from previous versions of the instrument-control package, run 'news ("instrument-control")'.

Ronald