Memory Leak

From: Sukanta Basu
Subject: Memory Leak
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:46:36 -0500

Hi,

I am using Octave 3.6.2 on Ubuntu 12.10. I have written a code for solving certain fluid dynamics problem (~5000 lines) using Octave and the openmpi_ext toolbox. I am noticing a strange problem with Octave. The memory usage slowly increases with each iteration. My computer has a RAM of 24 GB. Initially, Octave consumes ~3 GB of memory, then the consumption goes as high as 24 GB. At this point, the simulation crashes with a "bus error". If I restart the simulation, the same thing happens. I cannot figure out the cause for this memory leakage. Can anyone help? I have found the same problem on multiple machines (all has identical hardware/software configurations).

Thanks,
Sukanta Basu