Re: using mkoctfile with autotools

From: c.
Subject: Re: using mkoctfile with autotools
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:37:04 +0100

Mike,

On 18 Jan 2013, at 19:55, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looks intended inasmuch as it treats all variables the same way, and I
> think most Forge packages use the environment to override at least
> CFLAGS and LFLAGS.
>
> To work around, both of the following work for me:
>
> $(env -i PATH=$PATH mkoctfile -p CPPFLAGS)
>
> $(unset CPPFLAGS; mkoctfile -p CPPFLAGS)

Thanks for the workaround it seems to solve my problem.

As for the correctness of "mkoctfile -p" behaviour I'm not
sure it is the best approach …

I agree that users want to be able to override variables when
using mkoctfile to build binaries, but I would assume they most
likely would expect it to behave differently when using the "-p"
option …

I will look into prparing a changeset and post it to the
maintainers' list when I have time.

> HTH
> --
> mike